RE: CRIME JOB: Technical Writer- Security

From: Andrew Plato (aplato@private)
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 11:18:34 PST

    > We have written technical manuals for firms such as
    > Internet Security Systems (ISS)

    I've gotten a few snide emails about this from my job posting. I just
    wanted to publicly clarify something:

    In the recent issue of Information Security magazine, there is a review
    of ISS's RealSecure 7.0. Although the review is very positive on RS's
    capabilities, it lists poor documentation as one of the chief drawbacks
    on RS 7.0.

    Anitian did not write or have any involvement in the documentation for
    RealSecure 7.0. ISS has not used Anitian's documentation services in
    almost a year. Therefore, the RS 7.0 docs are not representative of
    Anitian's work.

    Just wanted to clear that up for some folks.

    Andrew Plato, CISSP
    President / Principal Consultant
    Anitian Corporation

    503-644-5656 Office