CRIME JOB: Technical Writer- Security

From: Andrew Plato (aplato@private)
Date: Mon Nov 18 2002 - 15:58:59 PST

    Hi everybody. Hope its okay to make a job announcement on this list.

    I am in desperate need of somebody with strong technical documentation
    skills who also knows information security. I have an open contract to
    write user material for a customer.

    I've attached the job description.

    Thanks.

    ___________________________________
    Andrew Plato, CISSP
    President / Principal Consultant
    Anitian Corporation

    503-644-5656 Office
    503-644-8574 Fax
    503-201-0821 Mobile
    www.anitian.com
    _______________________________

    Anitian Corporation, a security and network infrastructure company
    headquartered in Beaverton, OR is looking for a skilled Security
    Technical
    Writer to work on a contract basis documenting security software.
    Anitian
    is one of the foremost providers of technical documentation for the
    security community. We have written technical manuals for firms such as
    Internet Security Systems (ISS), Verisign, and Network Associates.
    The ideal candidate will have both a mixture of security and writing
    skills. Anitian prefers candidates who are comfortable generating
    content
    and working closely with engineering staff.

    Requirements

    - Experience with security technologies, particularly intrusion
    detection
    systems and firewalls is a must.
    - Experience with documentation tools such as FrameMaker and RoboHelp is

    necessary.
    - Must possess solid understanding of Windows systems and networking.
    System administration of networking gear and Windows boxes is a big
    plus.
    - Proven track record of ability to explain complex designs and network
    topologies to non-technical people.
    - Strong design and graphics skills.
    - Excellent project management skills.
    - Must have technical documentation writing experience.
    - BA/BS degree preferred.

    Considerations
    - This is a CONTRACT position with a 2 month duration, extensions are
    very
    likely.
    - Hourly rate $35-$50 per hour DOE.
    - ON-site work in Beaverton, OR is required. Telecommuting
    is NOT an option.
    - Some travel to the San Jose, CA area will be required (employer will
    pay all travel expenses).
    - Principal candidates only - NO THIRD PARTIES.
    - Excellent opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies with a
    nationally recognized leader in the security market.

    If interested, please send your resume and cover letter to:
    resumes@private

    or fax to 503-644-8574