Re: CRIME SPAM promoting illegal activity

From: Crispin Cowan (crispin@private)
Date: Tue Feb 18 2003 - 19:31:16 PST

    Andrew Plato wrote:

    >Personally, the best way to deal with these sick-o types is to hack
    >their sites and delete their content. If you're going to practice your
    >hacking skills, where better than some revolting child porn site?

    While I agree with the sentiment, there are problems. Detestible as
    child abuse is, vigilante hacking of such sites is not legeal. You could
    find yourself in legal trouble for doing such a thing.

    I'm less sure of this part, but I believe there are also legal problems
    with advocating hacking someone's site. Andrew did not advocate hacking
    any *specific* site above, so I think that's clean, but if you go out
    and publicly invite l33t hax0rs to hack a particular site, I think that
    is conspiracy.

    Caveat: I'm not a lawyer, nor am I a cop. Perhaps some of the more legal
    folks on the list could comment on what is and is not legal.

    Crispin Cowan, Ph.D.
    Chief Scientist, WireX                      http://wirex.com/~crispin/
    			    Just say ".Nyet"