CRIME

From: Alesha R. Adamson (alesha@private)
Date: Wed Feb 19 2003 - 12:10:25 PST

    > 1. Intrusion prevention technologies: hybrid IDS/firewall technologies.

    I'm currently working on a lecture for Ettercap, the latest greatest switched
    lan sniffer.  In so much, I'm increasingly interested in intrusion
    facilitators.  What is out there, how is it being used.  This may serve well
    with Intrustion prevention technologies.  How the prevention tools are
    married to particular types of attacks and why they may not serve well
    against particular facilitators.

    Intrusion Facilitators ... I like it.

    Also, one point of interest is the use of the intrusion facilitator as an
    IDS.  Wow... what a cool thing.  I'm putting quite a bit of thought into
    using Ettercap in the Ethical Hacker way.  I think I'll apply for
    certification.

    $0.02
    alesha