Re: CRIME Re: slides from John's talk?

From: tobyhush@private
Date: Wed Feb 19 2003 - 11:59:20 PST

    It wasn't actually the "State of the Practice of Intrusion Detection Technologies" paper. It was this one:
    Insertion, Evasion, and Denial of Service: Eluding Network Intrusion Detection
    http://www.robertgraham.com/mirror/Ptacek-Newsham-Evasion-98.html

    There are a bunch of follow-up papers but that's the place to start.

    toby

    On Wed, 19 Feb 2003 07:51:42 -0800 Aaron M Johnson <amj@private> wrote:

    >Hi Toby -
    >
    >What was the paper you and John mention at the talk that was a must
    >read?
    >Anybody remember?
    >
    >thanks,
    >Aaron
    >
    >"Zot O'Connor" <zot@private>
    > writes:
    >

    >> Slides are up.
    >>
    >> Available at http://crime.whiteknighthackers.com/meetings.php3
    >>

    >> On Tue, 2003-02-18 at 15:06, Kohlenberg, Toby wrote:
    >> > Sara have you had a chance to send Zot the slides?
    >> > Zot, now that you've been home for more than 24 hours, I'm sure
    >you're totally rested
    >> > and caught up on everything. Can you put John McHugh's slides
    >up on the CRIME webpage
    >> > and post to CRIME when you do?
    >> >
    >> > thanks,
    >> >
    >> > Toby Kohlenberg, CISSP, GCIH, GCIA
    >> > Senior Information Security Analyst
    >> > Applied Security Technology Team
    >> > Intel Information Technology Risk Management & Compliance
    >> > 503-712-8588  Office & Voicemail
    >> > 877-588-9948  Pager
    >> > "Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not after
    >you."
    >> >
    >> > PGP Fingerprint:
    >> > 92E2 E2FC BB8B 98CD 88FA  01A1 6E09 B5BA 9E84 9E70
    >> --
    >> Zot O'Connor <zot@private>
    >> White Knight Hackers, Inc.

    Big $$$ to be made with the HushMail Affiliate Program: