RE: CRIME What security topics interest you?

From: Andrew Plato (aplato@private)
Date: Thu Feb 27 2003 - 18:16:03 PST

    Thanks everybody for the feedback. Lots of good ideas. It really helps
    us keep in touch with what is on people's minds.

    We're probably going to start with a seminar on Intrusion Prevention
    Technologies (IPS) sometime in April or early May. IPS technologies are
    in-line hybrid firewall/IDS type technologies. A lot of people expressed
    interest in that.

    If you have a unique perspective on these technologies, I'd love to hear
    it. A couple of our suppliers (namely Top Layer Networks and possibly
    Sourcefire) are going to offer up their take on this evolving
    technology.

    Also a number of people asked about the documenting security. This
    seemed to be a natural for me - since I used to be a tech writer. Might
    see if we can put together a forum on that as well.

    I'll make sure the list gets notified when we get dates established. As
    always, our seminars are FREE (and you get donuts!)

    Thanks again for everybody's input.

    ___________________________________
    Andrew Plato, CISSP
    President / Principal Consultant