CRIME Meeting--11March@10AM@VerizonAirtouch

From: George Heuston (GeorgeH@private)
Date: Thu Mar 06 2003 - 10:40:38 PST

    Folks,

    As I previously indicated, we're now back to our regularly-scheduled
    CRIME meetings on the 2nd Tuesdays at Verizon
    (http://crime.whiteknighthackers.com/meetings.php3).

    We have a very special speaker:  Scott Charney, Microsoft's Chief
    Security Strategist.

    Topic: "Technology, Law, and Change: A Global View"

    Tell your friends about it.  Let's attend in force!

    Note: HPD will be discussing plans to open up the PRS program for a
    second wave of applicants...

    __________________________

    Scott's Bio:

    Scott Charney, formerly a principal for PricewaterhouseCoopers'
    Cybercrime Prevention and Response Practice, joined Microsoft as chief
    security strategist. Charney focuses on developing strategies to enhance
    the security of Microsoft products, services and infrastructures as part
    of the Trustworthy Computing initiative. Charney takes a long-term,
    industry wide perspective on security strategy and understands the
    critical challenge of building safe and secure software and services for
    industry. During Charney's tenure at PricewaterhouseCoopers, he provided
    proactive and reactive computer security services to major companies,
    including designing and building computer security systems from scratch,
    testing existing systems, conducting cybercrime investigations, and
    assisting companies responding to electronic discovery requests. Before
    joining PricewaterhouseCoopers, Charney served as chief of the Computer
    Crime and Intellectual Property Section (CCIPS), Criminal Division, at
    the Department of Justice, from 1991 to 1999. Under his direction, CCIPS
    investigated and prosecuted national and international hacker cases,
    economic espionage cases, and violations of federal criminal copyright
    and trademark laws. Before joining the federal prosecutive ranks,
    Charney was an assistant district attorney in Bronx County, New York,
    ultimately serving as deputy chief of the Investigations Bureau. Charney
    holds a degree from Syracuse University College of Law as well as
    bachelor's degrees in history and English from the State University of
    New York at Binghamton.