Re: CRIME

From: Jordan Gackowski (jgackowski@private)
Date: Thu Mar 13 2003 - 11:06:53 PST

    SIGH.  Ok...  since we are way off topic.  What the heck.

    I didn't subscribe to this list to discuss politics.  I can do that at the
    water cooler all I want.   Some of the images on that page were amusing.
    But after a while they get kind of banal and the rest are just stupid.

    I think that Alesha's point was that some the images on that page use US
    military images in political attacks against the current government.
    Portrayal of US Military personnel as Nazis and crap like that.    You
    know - stuff that has nothing to do with infosec.

    Crispin Cowan <crispin@private>
    Sent by: owner-crime@private
    03/13/2003 10:16 AM

    "Alesha R. Adamson" <alesha@private>
    cc
    crime@private
    Subject
    Re: CRIME

    Alesha R. Adamson wrote:

    >It isn't funny.  Some of us put k-pots on our heads and practice shooting
    >people because we might have to.  Speaking for myself, entertainment at
    the
    >expense of respect for my fellow servicemen, is sickening.  If I require
    >humor I will read the funnies.

    I see this all the time, and it confuses me. The sarcasm is aimed at
    administration policy, not the servicemen. How does mocking the wisdom
    of starting a needless war with Iraq translate into disrespect for the
    brave men & women who get sent into harm's way?

    Crispin Cowan, Ph.D.                      http://wirex.com/~crispin/
    Chief Scientist, WireX                    http://wirex.com
    HP/Trend Micro Immunix Secured Solutions
    http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/servers/solutions/iis/
                                                         Just say ".Nyet"