RE: CRIME Off topic junk mail

From: Kuo, Jimmy (Jimmy_Kuo@private)
Date: Thu Mar 13 2003 - 21:22:55 PST

    Steve,

    We are security people.  We do our jobs by espousing that people practice
    "best practices" and that people abide by "policy."

    You respond with "That's what the delete key is for" to the guy who already
    did as suggested and was the guy who changed the subject line, and thus is
    already practicing the accepted protocol.  So, you shouldn't have been
    railing at him.

    But I am impressed to meet someone who averages more email than me.
    However, on a good (bad) day, I can get 5000 or more emails.  :-)  However,
    that's because I asked for it.  They would be reports of malware being
    posted to the newsgroups.  And I can quickly scan and delete them, so it's
    not as much of a burden.

    How do you get through 2000 emails in a day?  Or do you have something
    similar on some sector of security giving you reports?

    Jimmy