RE: CRIME

From: Brian Beattie (beattie@beattie-home.net)
Date: Fri Mar 14 2003 - 07:17:40 PST

    On Fri, 2003-03-14 at 06:16, Carter Ames wrote:
    > I agree with Jimmy on this one.  I joined this group
    > for a different reason than to read about politics and
    > someone's view on the world.  Let's all keep focused
    > on the 'vision statement' if you will of the group and
    > the reason for its existence.  There are plenty of
    > channels to discuss politics and other issues.

    I find it amusing that people who seem upset by the "noise" on this list
    add to it by complaining and posting please to stay on topic.  Such
    posts are off topic, but I long ago recognized that it is impossible for
    any mailing list to stay on topic, even when everybody agrees what is
    "on topic", at best you can keep such excursions into the absurd to a
    minimum.  You don't like off topic posts? do post any and ignore the
    ones _you_ think are off topic.

    --
    Brian Beattie            | Experienced kernel hacker/
    beattie@beattie-home.net | embedded systems programmer, direct

    "Honor isn't about making the right choices.
    It's about dealing with the consequences." -- Midori Koto