RE: CRIME Underway

From: Curt Bryson (cbryson@private)
Date: Thu Mar 20 2003 - 11:17:27 PST

    I don't know what Homeland Security will do with regards to severe (it
    differs a bit from our DoD THREATCON system, upon which Homeland Security's
    system is based); BUT going to war doesn't NECESSARILY mean we have to pump
    up THREATCON (with the exception of localized warnings in particularly
    vulnerable areas like Kuwait, for example).  Now, once again, Homeland
    Security may have a different take on it.

    I ain't runnin' the show, but were I to get paid to make such a decision, it
    would be to wait until imminent activity is uncovered.  If it is iindeed
    closely analogous to THREATCON Delta, then "Severe" is not designed to be
    maintainable (that a word?) for a long period.

    Curt