RE: CRIME Can you hear me now?

From: Andrew Plato (aplato@private)
Date: Tue Mar 25 2003 - 18:45:19 PST

    That is a good question. I saw everybody else's posts, such as the whole
    "Microsoft training coders." But I never saw my posts. Yet, the "Can you
    hear me now" post did come through. The duplication of the "How to hire
    auditors" post was my fault - I sent that post twice.

    I have a feeling this might be a issue with our firewall or one of the
    myriad of IDS/IPS devices we have here at Anitian. It just did an
    upgrade about a week ago on the firewall and the SMTP proxy seems to be
    having some issues.

    However, I did notice that the Sendmail server that handles this list
    does an AUTH (ident) against our mail server (port 113). Our firewall
    blocks all 113 requests. That usually doesn't cause trouble.

    Oh well - I guess you can hear me now.

    Good!

    ___________________________________
    Andrew Plato, CISSP