Re: CRIME bellovin's new rfc and The Evil Bit

From: Mark Morrissey (markem@private)
Date: Tue Apr 01 2003 - 09:17:28 PST

    On Tue, 1 Apr 2003, John McHugh wrote:

    > http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3514.txt?number=3514
    >
    > This is a very dangerous rfc.  Although it disavows setting a
    > standard, it would devastate our community if it became one.

    I disagree, John. Think about the simplification to IDS software that
    would result. That would allow simple, affordable solutions that actually
    worked to be deployed, causing all the imposters to go under.

    Oh. I see your point.

    --mark
    ---
    Mark Morrissey			markem@private
    "nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool"