Re: CRIME Fwd: Your account is On Hold.

From: Crispin Cowan (crispin@private)
Date: Tue May 20 2003 - 10:53:49 PDT

    Rich Rohrich wrote:

    >Hey check out this email I received in my mail last night.  Unfortunately I'm sure there are people who are gullible enough to fill out this information.  Its like an identity theft kit!

    I get about 100 spams a day. I get an "identity theft kit" about once a
    week. I think the first one was maybe 2 years ago: a page of HTML that
    looked just like Paypal.com's web site, and said Paypal all over it, but
    the hyper links behind the blue linked to paypai.com. Since then there
    have been many more. Recently I've also been hit with a lot of security
    advisories from "microsoft" that somehow seem to link to something that
    isn't quite Microsoft.

    Is it really news any more that spammers send con games?

    Crispin Cowan, Ph.D.           http://immunix.com/~crispin/
    Chief Scientist, Immunix       http://immunix.com
                http://www.immunix.com/shop/