RE: CRIME Research & resources

From: IWS Newsfeed (newsfeed@private)
Date: Wed May 21 2003 - 13:40:50 PDT

    Well,

    There is a standard called BS7799 which deals also with Risk Management:

    How BS7799 works
    http://www.gammassl.co.uk/bs7799/works.html

    I would also recommend to have a look at the brilliant GAO report titled
    ‘GAO Executive Guide Information Security Management Learning From
    Leading Organizations, GAO/AIMD-98-68 Information Security Management,
    May 1998, which also contains a part on Risk Management:
    http://www.iwar.org.uk/comsec/resources/gao/ai98068.pdf

    In addition to that have a look at
    http://www.iwar.org.uk/comsec/resources/fasp/nist.htm

    RISK MANAGEMENT -
    the process of assessing risk, taking steps to reduce risk to an
    acceptable level, and maintaining that level of risk.

    Risk Assessment Methodology - CMS (.pdf) 04/10/03
    Risk Assessment Template - CMS (zipped file - WinZip) 04/10/03
    Threat Identification Resource - CMS (.pdf) 04/10/03
    Threat ID Workbook- CMS (zipped file - WinZip) 04/10/03
    System Security Levels - CMS (.pdf) 04/10/03
    Acceptable Risk Safeguards - CMS (.pdf) 04/10/03
    General Support Systems and Major Applications Inventory Guide 07/25/02
    Sample Levels of Sensitivity 03/11/02
    Statement of Work: Risk Assessments - Dept. Education 02/12/02
    Sample Generic Policy and High Level Procedures for Risk Assessment
    08/02/00

    Also, I am currently finishing a feature on risk management (and I will
    send you a copy once finished as I still have to transcribe 1 hour
    interview for it).

    I hope this helps.

    WEN

    ‘Information is the currency of victory on the battlefield.’
    GEN Gordon Sullivan, CSA (1993)

    email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended
    recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or
    omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be
    unlawful.