Re: CRIME Port scanning from an ISP

From: Jeff Bryner (jbryner1@private)
Date: Wed May 28 2003 - 14:55:39 PDT

    I'd vote invasion/intrusion: since when does sending mail (or bouncing
    it) justify what is essentially a DOS attack by port scanning ports
    that having nothing to do with mail.

    To me that's like saying 'since you are sharing the road with me when I
    drive, I reserve the right to check out the safety of your car by
    disassembling it to see if it meets my standards.'

    =====
    ----
    The Germans have done for the consonant what the Hawaiians have done for the vowel--Leo Kottke