RE: CRIME Senator Hatch - Destroy file swappers' computers

From: Justin Kurynny (justink@private)
Date: Thu Jun 19 2003 - 13:45:43 PDT

    perhaps, if one decides that it's worth it. in better news, Hatch has
    apparently already backed down a little bit.

    6/18/03:
    "I made my comments at yesterday's hearing because I think that industry
    is not doing enough to help us find effective ways to stop people from
    using computers to steal copyrighted, personal or sensitive materials. I
    do not favor extreme remedies - unless no moderate remedies can be
    found. I asked the interested industries to help us find those moderate
    remedies." -Orrin Hatch

    http://www.senate.gov/~hatch/index.cfm?FuseAction=PressReleases.Detail&P
    ressRelease_id=205147

    justin