Re: CRIME crime get you hacker toolz here adq

From: soren.j.winslow@private
Date: Tue Jun 24 2003 - 17:02:44 PDT

    I did. I still thought it was pretty funny that it would end up here.

    Todd Ellner <tellner@private>
    06/24/2003 16:26

            To:     soren.j.winslow@private, crime@private
            cc:
            Subject:        Re: CRIME crime get you hacker toolz here adq

    Actually it's exactly the RIGHT list for the sender to have used since the
    sender is trying to drag the real and@private through the mud. If you
    go to the website you will see:

     -----
    24th June 2003
    If you?re here to complain about the spam currently doing the rounds
    advertising www.doxdesk.com, I?m sorry, but I can't do anything about it.
    It?s being mass-mailed by a spammer with a grievance against DOXdesk ?
    presumably a parasitic software manufacturer. This attempt to get
    doxdesk.com onto spam blacklists is a common spammer tactic known as a
    ?Joe-job?.
    If you can track down the mail relay used to send the spam in the mail
    headers, it could conceivably do some good to complain to its provider,
    but otherwise there is not much can be done I?m afraid. Certainly mailing
    me isn?t likely to help.
    Needless to say, there are no ?hacker toolz? or ?bootleg downloads? here,
    so sorry if you were hoping for that sort of thing.
    Proper site update will happen soon, honest. It looks like it?s going to
    be a long night, though...
     -----