Re: CRIME IDS is dead says Gartner

From: Jimmy Sadri (jimmys@private)
Date: Tue Jun 24 2003 - 23:56:18 PDT

    Not quite sure what happened to the previous e-mail I sent but here is
    what I meant to say.

    It's true what Crispin says about Gauntlet, and Checkpoint.  Also I have had
    a chance to test the new NG 4  release, and it while it does do a lot deeper
    inspection (i.e. it will make the distinction between packets that come in on
    port 22 weather they are ssh 1 or ssh2) it still doesn't proxy like
    Gauntlet on any port that you wish.

    Jimmy Sadri  CISSP, CCSP,       jimmys@private
    CCNP, MCSE                   webmaster@private
    Network Engineer  jimmys@private
    Security Consultant/CBK Instructor  360-992-0525

    Jimmy Sadri  CISSP, CCSP,       jimmys@private
    CCNP,  CSS-1, MCSA, MCSE     webmaster@private