Re: CRIME GNU Help

From: Brad Siemssen (brad@strong-box.net)
Date: Tue Jul 15 2003 - 00:00:13 PDT

    On Monday, July 14, 2003, at 11:08 PM, Andrew Plato wrote:

    > I think any legislation that "directs" or "demands" the state to use
    > open
    > source without equally considering commercial, is a bad idea.

    True, legislation that "requires" a particular sort of software is not
    good. However, in the specific case of the Oregon proposal, the state
    would be required to "consider" Open Source, and justify why Open
    Source isn't used. The reason for this sort of requirement is that
    often Open Source solutions are never looked at.

    Brad

    Brad Siemssen
    Strongbox Network Services
    brad@private
    www.strongboxnetworks.com
    503.466.1416

    --
    This message checked for dangerous content by MailScanner on StrongBox.