Re: CRIME GNU Help

From: Marc Schuette (mschuette@private)
Date: Tue Jul 15 2003 - 07:06:31 PDT

    all the 'open source' legislation bills i have seen only require the
    state to consider open source products so it seems like it levels the
    playing field since the commercial software companies use lots of $$$
    and lobbyists. one has to wonder if the city of portland could have cut
    it's losses with the company they contracted to change the water bureau
    billing system IF they had a contract that said the city owns the source
    code and since you can't make it work we are going to put this out to
    bid to find someone else to fix it OR to have also hired a watchdog to
    review the code as it was being implemented. now that's free market!