RE: CRIME MSBlast worm local impact

From: Andrew Plato (aplato@private)
Date: Fri Aug 15 2003 - 18:12:46 PDT

    I have one customer who had an executive's laptop that did not have their
    standard build of RealSecure Desktop on it get hosed. Other than that, most
    of Anitian's customers saw nothing of blaster. As long as you had good rules
    on your perimeter firewall and/or internal blocking (via something like
    RealSecure Desktop), Blaster wasn't an issue.

    Blaster was, in my opinion, another attack where good security practices
    were on trial. Organizations that had good security practices saw very
    little problems. Organizations with poor or weak security practices were hit
    hard.

    ___________________________________
    Andrew Plato, CISSP
    President / Principal Consultant