CRIME 80/20 Rule

From: Daggett, Steve (Steve.Daggett@private)
Date: Tue Aug 19 2003 - 10:25:57 PDT

      There's an often quoted statistic that 20% of network intrusions come from
    the outside and 80% intrusions are inside jobs.

      I've heard it, I've read it, I've even said it...  Does anyone know were
    the statistic comes from?  I've been looking around the web and can't seem
    to find an authoritative source for the statistic.

    Steve Daggett
    Senior Network Design Engineer
    Fiserv EFT

    This e-mail is confidential and may well be legally privileged.   If you
    have received it in error, you are on notice of its status.   Please notify
    us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your
    system.   Please do not copy it or use it for any purposes, or disclose its
    contents to any other person.   To do so could violate state and Federal
    privacy laws.
    Thank you for your cooperation.   Please contact me if you need assistance.