RE: CRIME SecureWorld Seattle September 24 & 25

From: Andrew Plato (aplato@private)
Date: Tue Sep 09 2003 - 18:02:57 PDT

    Yes, this year's show is looking pretty good. I'm kind bummed that I
    procrastinated and didn't get a booth for Anitian. I am going to be
    there helping out some of our partners (Symantec, eEye, and Frontbridge
    etc.)

    I must admit, IPS panel has me scratching my head. There is no
    representation from Top Layer, ISS, or Intruvert all of whom have very
    established products in the IPS/IDS space. NFR doesn't even have an
    in-line IPS. And correct me if I am wrong Crispin, but Immunix doesn't
    even DO IDS or IPS. And what about me! I've been doing IPS installations
    longer than anybody and I wasn't even invited. :-(

    My hurt (huge) ego aside, it should be interesting to hear the spin
    people give on this topic. Seems like everybody has an opinion on
    IPS/IDS these days.

    Everybody should go and harass Crispin and Zot on the hacking panel!

    Andrew Plato, CISSP
    President/Principal Consultant
    Anitian Enterprise Security

    503-644-5656 Office