CRIME ISSA Meeting - SPAM

From: Andrew Plato (aplato@private)
Date: Wed Sep 17 2003 - 11:41:09 PDT

    Since there's no shortage of self-promotion going on...*I* am speaking
    tomorrow at the ISSA meeting about spam. And you should all come because
    ISSA rocks and I'll give you a hug.

    Ok scratch the hug.

    Anyway, here's the details:
    http://www.issa-portland.org/pdf_files/Sept03ISSAmtg.pdf

    "Anti-spam Solutions: Email Protection & Security"
    Date Thursday, September 18, 2003
    Time 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM

    Location CNF - 2055 NW Savier Street, Portland
    Registration There is no cost to current ISSA members, trial members, or
    guests.
    Agenda

    3:00 - 3:20 PM Registration and Networking.
    3:20 - 3:30 PM Call to Order, Welcome, Announcements, and General
    Business Items.
    3:30 - 3:40 PM Moderator Glenn Meyer: Overview of the Spam Problem
    3:40 - 4:40 PM Panel Discussion

    "SPAM & Virus attacks cost corporations $8.9 billion dollars annually"
    --Ferris Research Study 2003

    IDC projects that 3 trillion spam messages will be transmitted in 2006
    alone. At our next
    meeting, we will address the growing problem & emerging trends in email
    protection and
    security. Our panel of speakers will explore:

      What are the most cost effective ways to solve this billion dollar
    problem?
      What are the technical & business requirements in e-mail protection
    and security?
      E-mail Protection Solutions
      Open Questions and Answers

    Panel Members
    Guest speakers from Symantec, FrontBridge, Easystreet, & Anitian will
    discuss techniques for managing the growing costs of spam and protecting
    the mission-critical service that e-mail has become in the corporate
    environment. Please visit our website for more information.

    4:40 - 4:55 PM Q & A
    4:55 - 5:00 PM Final Announcements
    5:00 PM Adjournment
    5:00 - 5:30 PM Networking