Re: CRIME Microsoft in the AV business?

From: Carter Ames (offto@private)
Date: Sun Oct 12 2003 - 07:08:27 PDT

    Something in our current infrastructure needs to be
    changed, and this might be the idea that gets it
    rolling.  I personally expect the first try MS stars
    with will fail, simply because under the covers it's a
    version 1.0.  We all know very well about version 1,
    Service Pack 1, etc.

    I expect Microsoft to step up to the plate and manage
    my expectations about their product, and make them
    better as time goes along.  Granted, we are typically
    fighting things after they happen, but there's got to
    be a way to create a distributed application that runs
    random strings into open ports to test products. -
    Take the Distributed.net concept.  Instead of looking
    for intelligence elsewhere in our solar system, how
    about trying to look for it here on earth?  (Please,
    no offense to Seti, I love it)

    =
    #1 rule:   When installing any microsoft Operating
    system, unplug it from the network.  I've had machines
    hacked during the setup process, before it's even
    complete.  (that was before the advent of my superior
    stunning super cheap linksys NAT router at home.

    -C
    crime@private