Re: CRIME [VIRUS] Use this patch immediately !

From: Zot O'Connor (zot@private)
Date: Fri Oct 17 2003 - 12:09:07 PDT

    On Thu, 2003-10-16 at 20:55, Duane Nickull wrote:
    > Can we please just block all threads with the headers "...use this
    > patch immediately..."
    >
    > My delete button is showing signs of wear and tear..

    2 problems with that:

    1)  You would block all traffic discussing that subject line (if it used
    that subject line), including, as the stats hold true, your notes with
    the subject.  I have a real easy way to prevent you from receiving those
    notes...... :)

    2)  If you are really getting tired of deleting posts (that you send),
    just set up a filter in your local mailer.  Mozilla can do this pretty
    easy.

    In genera,l lists like crime suffer from trying to block normal list
    issues, since it is a place to discuss those issues.  The virus
    companies have this problems with people sending them virus to determine
    what virus it is.  They have to set up special "reduced protection"
    channels to get the information in.  the crime list is one of those
    channels.

    The only major exception I make is stupid vacation messages (Outlook
    users I mean you!) because of the looping problems.

    --
    Zot O'Connor

    http://www.ZotConsulting.com
    http://www.WhiteKnightHackers.com