RE: CRIME administrivia: closing the list

From: Kuo, Jimmy (Jimmy_Kuo@private)
Date: Thu Oct 23 2003 - 15:49:31 PDT

    Is it possible to set up another email address at cs.pdx.edu that is an
    auto-forward mechanism to crime@private?  This way, it can be used rarely
    but offer an alternative for all of us in posting to the list from any other
    address.

    You can set up rules for this address so that anything CC'ed or to
    crime@private would get archived (those would presumably be from the
    list, or from someone who will end up double-posting).  And any other
    message would be forwarded to the list.  For instance,
    posttocrime2003@private

    You can then apply much stricter spam controls to this email address.  And
    after some time (annually) we can just switch over to the next email addr in
    sequence (posttocrime2004).

    It's crude but gives us the flexibility while allowing you to use majordomo
    to completely "close" the list.

    Jimmy