CRIME How To Advertise?

From: David M. Fetter (david.fetter@private)
Date: Tue Oct 28 2003 - 18:35:10 PST

    Hello, everyone.  I have a question that I thought perhaps this list
    could help me with.  I do consulting in the local Portland Metro Area.
    It is mainly side work consulting to make a few bucks on the side,
    therefore I don't make a lot doing it.  I feel I have a decent site now
    with good context (though it too could use some improvement).  I have
    already taken the advice of several members on this list from prior
    posts (as you can see my consulting name is now Fetter Consulting).  My
    problem now is how do I advertise?

    I don't want traveling consulting work though telecommuting/remote work
    is fine.  I want to target the Greater Portland Metro Area only with
    maybe some work in Seattle and/or Salem occasionally.  I don't have an
    extremely limited amount of money to spend on advertising right now, so
    I need basically free advertising methods.  Currently, I post my site on
    portland.craigslist.org periodically.  Are there better or more methods
    of advertising?  What seems to work for those of you who currently get
    quite a bit of consulting work?  Thoughts or suggestions are
    appreciated.  Also, if you have a few moments to review my site, your
    comments on look, feel and context are also welcome.  Thanks.

    --
    David M. Fetter - http://www.fetterconsulting.com/

    "The world is full of power and energy and a person can go far by just
    skimming off a tiny bit of it." Neal Stephenson - Snow Crash