Re: CRIME SSL Certificates

From: Todd Ellner (tellner@private)
Date: Thu Nov 13 2003 - 13:55:21 PST

    The company that bought Equifax's certificate business never responded
    to our phone or email requests for information. Verisign/Thawte was even
    worse. The information on their site contradicted their marketing person
    who contradicted tech support.

    The help desk at DST was actually helpful. The staff were knowledgeable
    and very helpful. Service was fast. Prices weren't rock-bottom but were
    pretty good.

    Guess who we went with?

    By the bye, we ended up using a couple of the certificates in some odd
    ways that they hadn't seen before. They spent about two hours on the
    phone with us experimenting, talking to their engineering staff, and
    looking through manuals. You can't ask for much more than that.

    Todd