CRIME Patents Question

From: Steve Coffman (divinstr@dsl-only.net)
Date: Thu Nov 13 2003 - 18:19:58 PST

    I have a question if anyone is familiar with this subject:
    I am doing "contract work - no specifics" for a start up company. Another
    contractor and myself developed some Intellectual Property that the Start
    up wants to get the patent on as it is now their new direction (it's a
    Business Intelligence Software design).
    We know they must include our names on the patent as the Inventors, but the
    CEO also is adding his name (did none of the work), and wants us to sign it
    over to the company stating that the company "owns it".
    We have only signed a non-disclosure agreement and nothing else. We have
    not been compensated for the invention. Do we have anything to stand on to
    just keep it in our names?

    Thanks
      (not looking for "legal" advice, just looking for anyone who knows
    something along those lines to give us a yes/no on obtaining an attorney)

    Steven D. Coffman