Re: CRIME Span time from vulnerability to patch for HTTPD servers

From: Seth Arnold (sarnold@private)
Date: Tue Nov 18 2003 - 17:10:19 PST

    On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 04:33:53PM -0600, Quinby, Kris (MED) wrote:
    > I am looking to compare the span time from vulnerability to patch for a few
    > different HTTPD servers.  The vulnerabilities data base at
    > http://www.securityfocus.com does not list a date associated with the
    > solution, only the announced date.  I also know that the announced date does
    > not necessarily coincide with the discovered date but I will take any
    > information I can find at this point.

    Sadly, this information is not very widely available:
    http://www.nxnw.org/~steve/papers/lisa2002-time-to-patch.ps

    In fact, you pretty much have to hope that for every vulnerability
    reported to every httpd you are interested in, the reporter reports the
    information in a public report somewhere...

    If you don't know about CVE yet, you should get acquainted with it in a
    hurry: http://www.cve.mitre.org/

    It won't solve all your problems, but it might help substantially. :)

    --
    "Sniff you jerks later." -- Captain Murphy