CRIME Phishing - good response from US Bank

From: Todd Ellner (tellner@private)
Date: Tue Jan 20 2004 - 15:50:41 PST

    I got a phishing email yesterday which tried to get my US Bank account
    number and similar stuff. Given the experiences others here have had I
    didn't hold out much hope for their response.

    The results were a pleasant surprise. After a short trip through their
    voice-mail system I was transferred to US Bank's fraud division. They
    asked a few questions which distinguished the particular email from
    several similar ones, took my information, said they were on it but
    couldn't do much because the email originated in Eastern Europe, and
    provided a call back phone and case number.

    Bully for US Bank.