RE: CRIME Security experts nix Internet voting plan

From: Andrew Plato (aplato@private)
Date: Sun Jan 25 2004 - 15:45:01 PST

    > But I still question the "secret for obvious reasons" assertion. The
    > reasons are far from obvious. "Importance" doesn't cut it at
    > all. Who is
    > mandating the secrecy? The State, Sabre, or Anitian? Whoever
    > it is needs
    > to get some better advice.

    Confidentiality agreements. Its company policy at Anitian to never
    discuss the details of our client's security in a public forum. I cannot
    disclose anything about this project because it would be a violation of
    those covenents.

    If you want details of this system, you'll have to talk to the Secretary
    of State. Its their project, so they will decide what to disclose.

    Andrew Plato, CISSP
    President / Principal Consultant
    Anitian Enterprise Security

    503-644-5656 Office