Re: CRIME Citibank e-mail scam

From: Carter Ames (carter@private)
Date: Sat Feb 28 2004 - 21:24:41 PST

    Spam and fishing emails certainly wouldn't exist if
    people did not buy the products advertised, or fall
    for the scam and provide confidential information.

    Stopping the sending of spam is a great idea -
    however, if people continue to respond to it, and
    people continue to make money from it, it can
    certainly only grow.

    Now about that 32 cent per email thing.. I was
    wondering, if spammers had to pay that, maybe that
    would cut down on the volume.

    Am I not alone with approximately 500 to 1000 blocked
    spam messages per DAY?  I refuse to change my email
    address.

    -Carter

    https://web_da-us_citibank_com/signin/citifi/scripts/email_verifyjsp