CRIME Security and Forensice Tools

From: Dorning, Kevin E - DI-3 (kedorning@private)
Date: Fri Apr 16 2004 - 07:48:29 PDT

    I am looking for a good remote software inventory tool.  We often have to perform inventories of systems that are 2 states away and don't went to have to travel to get the information.  By policy and regulation we have full access to all these systems, and can pull pretty much anything off them remotely.  I am looking for a tool that I can launch from a central location that will capture a list of all software installed on a system.  I don't want an enterprise level software management system.  We have that already, but it's not much use when dealing with obscure or unknown software.

    Any suggestions beyond writing something myself

    Thanks