RE: CRIME Security and Forensice Tools

From: Steve Gracon (Steve.Gracon@private)
Date: Fri Apr 16 2004 - 08:47:03 PDT

    I have experience with (well at least demoed) audit software by Ecora
    (http://www.ecora.com/ecora/products/enterprise_auditor.asp) which will
    give you more than you could ever want to know about the configurations
    of your remote systems via agentless acquisition. I would have purchased
    it, but its licensing scheme is per node and a bit cost prohibitive for
    my needs (200+ servers). A quick Google found another company, Pedestal
    Software (http://www.pedestalsoftware.com/products/se/) which will audit
    and even remove unauthorized software based upon user definition or best
    practices. Never used them myself, but a quick look seems like it might
    work.

    V/R,

    Steve Gracon