RE: CRIME Surreptitious software

From: Stephen Gracon (sgracon@private)
Date: Fri Apr 30 2004 - 12:22:51 PDT

    Rob,

    As is the case with most of us, IANAL. However, based upon this web page
    http://www.privacyrights.org/fs/fs7-work.htm, it seems that a private
    sector employee (not in the State of California) is subject to
    monitoring. This is mostly due to the company owning the computer and
    network, ergo they can choose to do what they wish with their property.
    Your signature denotes you work for the public sector (ODE) and
    therefore have more rights as the State of Oregon is bound to the U.S.
    Constitution (4th ammendment, unlawful search and seisure) since the
    computer and network "technically" belong to the people. I hope this
    helps.

    Steve