Re: CRIME Credit card scam alert

From: Michael Rasmussen (mikeraz@private)
Date: Wed Jun 02 2004 - 11:27:16 PDT

    FWIW story:  I recently received a call from the real VISA
    fraud department.  The way they work is to ask you to confirm
    or deny a group of charges against your card.  That's all.
    You get a list of date, charge source and amount.  At the end you
    press a phone button to indicate whether or not you made the
    charges.  They don't ask for any identifing information.

    I don't know what happens if you press 0 to speak with a real
    person or if you indicate that one or more of the charges are
    false.

    --
        Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon
      Be appropriate && Follow your curiosity