CRIME Anybody else get a chain letter from the Syrian reverend?

From: Tao, Greg (greg.tao@private)
Date: Fri Oct 29 2004 - 16:47:17 PDT

It's a variation of the Nigerian scam, but this time the author is
promising millions from Saddam's secret stash o' cash.  He claims to be
a Reverend based in Syria.

I wonder if this is connected to our terrorist enemies who continue to
plot our mass-murder...  It would fit Al Qaeda's M.O. of using their
target's resources against them...this time stealing the $ of
unsuspecting and naieve Americans to fund terrorist operations against
Americans and American interests.

I attached it for your reference.

Greg

 <<Help a True And Just Cause>>

attached mail follows:

Dear Friend,

God bless you and how are you today?

I must first apologise for this unsolicited mail to you but as time goes on you will really understand the need for such an action from me. My name is Rev. S.P Thomas of Church of Christ located in Damascus Syria {Middle East},

I was born in Canada (Ottawa) on 27 Feb 1966 but having lost my both parents when I Was 3-years I was taken to an orphanage home and was raised up by foster parent, he Was then the monsignor of the aforementioned church, I was raised/introduced in the Work of missionary. I have lived in Damascus, Syria for decades now. My roots are in West Africa, pretty international family I would say.

On the 27th of December 2003,in Aleppo Hospital located in Damascus, Syria during my Missionary visits I came across a patient by name {withheld} who was a loyalist to Saddam Hussein. He was battery wounded with gunshots, it happened that he escaped From tikrit{a small town in Iraq}.

According to his line of story after he confided in me, he stated as thus: After Saddam Hussein was captured by the USA led forces just at the farm site 30 metres
Away, a strong underground room was situated. He gained access to trunk boxes Containing huge sum of 17.2 million dollars {seventeen million two hundred thousand
US dollars only and some gemstones. He succeeded in diverting the trunk boxes off the shore of Iraq with the aid of a Diplomat to a security/finance firm based in Europe. Due to security measures, he went On stating that the consignment was registered as a photo processing materials. To avoid detection, seizure or diversion, the consignment was also kept on an "OPEN BENEFICIARY TO ANY NATIONAL OF YOUR COUNTRYā€¯ with the security Company. Unfortunately, on his return to Iraq in search of his only surviving son he Was attacked by the US led forces near the border boundary between Iraq and Syria, it Was at this juncture that he made his way to the Allepo Hospitals.

After I prayed for Him and got him converted, he was actually at the verge of death and having the doubt He could not be able to make it, he went on disclosing to me all the transaction Information and instructed me accordingly. However, I was afraid that my ministry forbids me from entering into such business

But as a Scandinavian early Christian and going by my church policy that we help our Fellow man forward the word of God and help the less privilege/fortunate people, it Was on this note that I promise him that I will act as has instructed. I promised him That I will search for his son and keep him under my custody until he is of age in
Taking care of himself. A day after he was admitted he gave up his ghost, May his Soul Rest in perfect peace, Amen.

Moreover, I have decided to contact you to assist me in claiming of the consignment At the security as a result of the following reasons[1; The deposit was made to an
"open beneficiary to any national of your country to avoid it get traced or Diverted.

2;My status, as A reverend Father forbids me from running a business other than the Work of God, on this note I will want you to assist me in getting the funds invested In a very lucrative business/venture in your country until deceased son is matured Enough since I will not be able to do such in Syria to blind any trace whatsoever from the Government.

Please let me know ASAP if you are interested and always have it in mind that I am participating in this project based on this following principles of life: At the end of this life, what really count is how many children were you able to put smiles on their faces, earthly things are worthless. Lets join hands together in seeing that the lives of innocent/less-unfortunate children are touched globally.

NOTE:I AM REALLY COUNTING ON YOUR ASSISTANCE IN GETTING THE CONSIGNMENT CLAIMED AND PROMISE TO COMPENSATE YOU ACCORDINGLY.I HAVE SUCCEDED IN CONTACTING THE SECURITY COMPANY AND ALL THE DOCUMENTS RELATED TO IT ARE HERE WITH ME.I HAVE THE DEPOSIT DOCUMENTS IN MY POSSESSION THAT WAS ISSUED TO LATE MR {---} BY THE SECURITY COMPANY.IF YOU NEED TO TAKE A LOOK, PLEASE DO SEND ME YOUR DIRECT FAX NUMBER, FOR ME TO SEND THEM DOWN TO YOU,

AND ALWAYS WRITE ME THROUGH MY PRIVATE MAIL: rev_panthomasat_private

MOST IMPORTANTLY, DUE TO MY STATUS/ POSITION I SERIOUSLY APPEAL THAT YOU MAINTAIN HIGH LEVEL OF SECRECY AND CONFIDENTIALITY IN THE WHOLE THING. THE SECRET CODES (E.G PIN No., SECRET ACCESS CODE) AND AS WELL AS THE NAME AND LOCATION OF THE SECURITY FIRM WILL BE MADE KNOWN TO YOU AS SOON AS YOU EXPRESS DESIRE TO HELP ME.

Please Help a True and Just Cause.

May the God bless you on this task

Live long and prosper!

Father S.P.Thomas, The Church of Christ

Note:Get back to me via this email box:rev_panthomasat_private
This is because of personal reasons.