RE: CRIME New Category of Computer Crime

From: Nick Murphy (nmurphy@private)
Date: Wed Mar 30 2005 - 22:23:44 PST

Per a conversation I had earlier with Craig on the phone, I took the
question wrong. What he meant was how do you control a crime scene when
you do not own the equipment, I gave a response that assumed you own the
equipment. I would like to keep this thread going because it is a great
question.

The only thing I know of is to subpoena a company for the logs/records
of the system and the incident at hand and pray they have what you need.
Other than that, I am not too sure. Does anyone have some experience
with this?

Thanks,

Nick Murphy MCSE, GCIH
Director of Information Technology