[Crime] Attn LEO: Possible animal cruelty / sw piracy advertised on a local web forum

From: greg.tao@private
Date: Sun Jun 26 2005 - 02:06:07 PDT

Do any of our local law enforcement people want to look into this:

http://pdxforsale.com/?ad=169818

Unless this is a REALLY bad joke, the person who posted this ad is apparently doing something immoral, unethical, inappropriate, and I would imagine also illegal.

Quote from the user's ad: "I Will Be Putting This Cat To Sleep If I Do Not Receive $10,000 In Donations."

There is a picture of the cat with a knife to its throat.

The user gives his PayPal address as swbootleg@private  Interesting choice of email address, huh?

Sounds like a scam with the potential for animal cruelty and software piracy mixed in there, huh?

Thanks,

Greg

PS:  I reported this to PayPal, but I thought I'd also report it via the CRIME list to our friendly neighborhood law enforcement officers.