Re: Court Admissible Evidence

From: Adam Daniel (adamdat_private)
Date: Mon Apr 16 2001 - 23:01:06 PDT

    Hi Daniel,
    Well as i mentioned before, precedent is still being set here and the
    amount of cases taken to court is still quite small. I know the police
    here use several tools but mainly encase. We use our own software tools
    written and developed in-house over the last 8 years by our team of
    programmers for forensic and recovery work. Becuse of this we can build
    pretty much anything into them we like / require and we feel this gives us
    far better results then any third party product we've looked at due to the
    fact we can customise the product to the case at hand depending on what is
    required. The main problem we find with presenting evidence is explaining
    technical details in a fashion that can be clearly understood by
    non-experts, which is im sure is a problem around to the world with our
    type of work.

    Adam Daniel
    Tech Consultant
    ForensicDataService.