Re: Court Admissible Evidence

From: daniel heinonen (d.heinonenat_private)
Date: Mon Apr 16 2001 - 19:48:54 PDT

    Hi all,

    I was just wondering if anyone knew about Australian laws regarding hearsay
    or even acceptable programs to be used in a case.  As most of the documents
    i have read on the topic so far state that as long as the person and the
    process is trust worthy and reproducible then it should stand up fairly
    well in court.  Has any one had any troubles in court due to negligence or
    the tools they have used? I would be particularly interested about
    Australian cases however its always fun to read American replies : )

    Regards,
    daniel heinonen
    computer systems officer
    Queensland University of Technology