Re: Read Linux files in windows 200

From: J C Lawrence (clawat_private)
Date: Sat May 05 2001 - 09:55:48 PDT

    On Sat, 5 May 2001 09:21:40 -0400
    John Mellon <jmellonat_private> wrote:

    > "Brousseau, Claudia (CA - Montreal)" wrote:

    >> I've got a disk with linux OS.  I would like to inspect files
    >> with Windows environment.  Do you know any software who do that ?

    > Claudia, We have recently found a very interesting product called
    > "Captain Nemo" located at http://www.runtime.org/.  This product
    > allows connecting a drive containing the Unix/Linux, NT or Novell
    > operating system directly to a Windows operating system machine
    > and accessing, viewing, printing and copying the files as if they
    > were on another Windows drive on the computer.  The reviews that
    > we have heard are outstanding for this product.

    This area is murkier than this.  Linux now has near half a dozen
    filesystem types which can and are commonly used for local storage:

      Ext2
      ReiserFS (which actually covers two disk formats)
      XFS
      JFS
      Coda

    Beyond that there are another half dozen filesystems available under
    Linux but which are not in common use.

    Nemo supports only Ext2.

    --
    J C Lawrence                                       clawat_private