RE: Determining if someone copied file to a: drive

From: Medina, Patricia L. (plmedinat_private)
Date: Wed May 30 2001 - 08:57:21 PDT

    -----Original Message-----
    From: mshines [mailto:mshinesat_private]
    Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2001 8:14 AM
    To: forensicsat_private
    Subject: RE: Determining if someone copied file to a: drive

    Look in the Recent Files information...    which is displayed on the
    Start -> Documents listing from the Task Bar.

    The Recent Documents are also in the folder (which is really what is
    displayed on the task bar) -
    C:\Winnt\Profiles\<the profile of interest>\Recent

    Hope this helps.  NT does leave a trace of the last few files touched.

    Michael S Hines                | Phone 765-494-5875
    Purdue University              | FAX   765-496-1380
    Management Information         | Email mshinesat_private
    OS/390 Systems Programmer      | Certifications:
    1061 Freehafer Hall            |    CIA, CISA, CFE, CDP
    West Lafayette, IN 47907-1061  |