Re: wipe utilities

From: Craig Earnshaw (Craig.Earnshawat_private)
Date: Wed Jun 20 2001 - 11:25:10 PDT

    A commercial product I'd suggest is Norton Utilities 2001 - not expensive, has other interesting things bundled with it, and gives a free space wiping utility that allows you to control the
    overwrite character, and the number of overwrites.

    The only catch is that I don't think that it can cope with the Win 2000 varient of NTFS (not sure about NTFS though).

    It depends if you're planning on leaving anything on the drive (ie the OS etc) or just generating a totally blank drive.

    Regards

    Craig