wipe utilities

From: Darren Welch (WELCHDat_private)
Date: Wed Jun 20 2001 - 08:44:31 PDT

    I am looking to draft a corporate policy requiring all hard drives to be wiped before being decommissioned, sold, donated, etc.

     The wipe utility must be able to make numerous (up to seven) uninterrupted passes and support a wide array of file systems (fat, ntfs, etc).

    Also, the software must support the ability to assign a particular hex character as the wipe character.

    Could anyone recommend some products? I currently use wiper for my forensic investigations and am very happy with that but I want to provide our IT group with several other acceptable options.

    Thanks, D