RE: File times?

From: Bill Royds (broydsat_private)
Date: Sat Jun 30 2001 - 10:15:17 PDT

    The reason is that the sources of those two tabs are completely different.
    The GENERAL tab represents the Operating System times in the directory.
    The STATISTICS tab represent the application times stored in the file itself.

    If a file is  moved to a machine with a munged date/time setting, the GENERAL tab stuff may change to an incorrect time, but internal time does not change.
    Similarly, if the file is edited on a machine with a different date/time setting, then the STATISTICS times can change without the OS times in GENERAL changing.