Re: Signature on logs/eMail

From: David Ford (davidat_private)
Date: Tue Jul 24 2001 - 11:11:16 PDT

    What kind of signature are you looking for?  RFC dictates that the
    message ID be unique over a given period of time.  Are you looking for a
    hash of the entire email?  If you want a hash, I think an easy way to go
    about it would be to use the new milter functionality in the latest
    versions of sendmail.  Milter is a mail-filter extensibility.  I would
    say you could use this to run a child process that calculated the md5sum
    and stuffed the message ID and md5 into a database for future use.

    You know me, I would stuff it into a postgres db, that's where I keep
    everything right now.  We can continue this offline and bring results
    back to the list if you'd like.

    David